Zaurus Mysql Relational Database.
Why would any one want a high power data base like mysql
on a palmtop? The main reason is the powerfull combination of the Apache+php server
and mysql. this opens up a large field of php applications to be used on the
zaurus. The possibiliy includes things like accounting programs,inventory,address
book,agenda etc.... all accesed through the built in Opera browser.
These packages were snarfed from the debian-arm distribution.
the files "/etc/mysql/my.cnf", "/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql" and "/usr/bin/safe_mysqld" have been edited
to run on the Zaurus
the scripts /usr/bin/mysqlstart and /usr/bin/mysqlstop should be
used to start/stop the server.
- mysql_3.22.32-1_arm.ipk: added Libz and safe-mysqld
- mysql_3.22.32-2_arm.ipk: Changed config files to put mysql.sock in /tmp where the php scripts run on Zaurus apache look for it.
- mysql-patch_1-2 The config files to upgrade from version 1 to version 2. run "mysqlstop" before installing!
There are two; ipk packages here for the mysql setup on the Sharp
- The mysqld daemon runs as user 'daemon': the /var/lib/mysql directory
tree is owned by this user. if you have an existing mysql installation backup
your existing database. and ensure that the /var/lib/mysql tree
on the your set up is empty. In theory it should be possible to symlink
this tree to a CF or SD tree. I have not tried this yet.
- The 'mysqld ' program which belongs in '/sbin' has been moved
to '/usr/sbin' as /sbin is in the Zaurus ROM and is read-only!
- This version of the mysql client does implement the '\. ' command
to read sql commands from a file. to achieve the same effect from the command
line type "mysql [databasename] < commandfile.sql".
- The full pack including
all libraries and a very basic mysql database allowing root access from any
- The patch for those of you that have the -1 mod and want the -2 version.
Please let me have any comments on how this package can be improved. e-mail me email@example.com
- If you have an existing mysql database on your zaurus. make
a backup of /var/lib/mysql/mysql/* this directory will be over written by
- The program mysqlacces requires perl so will not work on a default
- use mysqlstart to start the server and mysqlstop to stop it
these scripts maintain to socket links for apache/php.
- As always use at your own risk.